On Saturday, November 6th, the Freddie Mac Foundation, in partnership with NBC4 and Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, will once again host an Adoption Expo to showcase local and national adoption organizations.
This free event will offer information from A to Z about the adoption experience and the resources available if you’re considering adoption. You will also have the opportunity to learn firsthand from experts in the field and families who have adopted. Information and resources will also be available for those who have already adopted.
WHEN: Saturday, November 6, 2010, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Grand Hyatt Hotel, 1000 H Street, NW, Washington, D.C. Metro accessible (Metro Center – exit into hotel)
WHO IT’S FOR:
- Anyone considering or currently pursuing adoption
- Adoptive parents interested in learning about post-adoption resources
WHAT YOU WILL FIND:
- More than 30 public and private adoption agencies and service providers specializing in:
- Domestic Adoption
- International Adoption
- Special Needs Adoption
- Post-Adoption Services
- Information and Resources
- Workshops [PDF 144K] for prospective and current adoptive parents, highlighting the adoption process and available support systems and resources
- Parent-to-parent discussion groups featuring families who will share their experiences in adoption, both domestic and international
- Information about children available for adoption in the Washington metropolitan area and beyond
- Renowned adoption authors and a wide array of resource materials
- Entertainment for children throughout the afternoon.
Click here to visit their website.